Thursday, August 09, 2007

The Dark Place

This is my version of altered art. This was a brochure from BEBE which I painted over, just left a little bit of the face, painted the background and the wording. I like it, my family said I must have gone to a dark place (hence the title) because really my art is not at all dark. I like exploring a different side of me in art....Hope you like it because I do.



The wording says:
She left on a swirl of anger
Shrouded in a coat of green
Head bent, shoulders slumped
Teardrops falling silently
She was alone and lonely
This was her destiny
This was her life

4 comments:

  1. this is excellent, I like the mystery and melancholy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yes I like this. I really like the words it seems to fit my recent mood.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous8:08 PM

    I really like this one Lee and it has a lot of meaning to me.

    By the way, thanks for linking to me and I put you on my favorites list so I can check here each day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Really cool idea and I like your colors and words. I'm not sure I could actually draw a face so you're going to have me scouring magazines and such for ones I can use.

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter