Monday, March 17, 2008

Today is the next half of the rest of my life.;...

That is right today is my birthday. Now normally I would not mention it but it is an important birthday for me. I am now going to be able to do what I want when I want (by the end of the month for sure). Create art at all hours. I felt great trepidation about this day.
1. Because my family seems to all check out at this age.
2. Because really I have worked all my life or at least 35 years of it and thought
I would feel adrift without it.
3. I thought to myself I dont want to get older.

Well there is no more birthdays after this one......I have put a freeze on them. My doctor says I should be around for a few more years. And I feel that I have so much more to give of me that I dont need to get paid for. I want to volunteer, I want to take painting classes, I want to lunch with friends, stay out late and not worry about work in the morning. Be able to get up in the morning and sit on the deck and read the paper at lesisure and much more. So much more to look forward to and I am...This card was made for me by my talented friend Sandy...

10 comments:

  1. Happy Birthday Lee...

    Hope you have a magical and splendid Birthday...and looks like you will have more time to create in a little while...can't wait...

    oh and how wonderful that your friend bakes to raise money for cancer...she will love the book...it's cute and has so many recipes...

    Cheers,
    Diana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Lee!! And here's wishing you many many more. Thanks for stopping by my blog today.
    Take care,
    Mary Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good for you Lee and have an awesome birthday!!! I hope you have a wonderful and fun day!! Thats the sort of lifestyle I want to have too...and we are working on it, to be like that. The display of eggs I am going to is the ukrainian variety and there will be a demo of a lady painting them. I hope you and your family have a wonderful easter too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Birthday (late)!! I did send you an e-card but I guess you didn't get it. I hope you had a great special day.

    And doing what you want, when you want is very nice. Enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous11:25 AM

    ...these will be the best years of your life my friend!!!

    Here's to you!!

    Love,
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete
  6. HAPPY BIRTHDAY, LEE!!!! I am so excited for you. Change is always a little scary, but you are going to LOVE not working! I know it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Happy belated Birthday!!! So amazing, I have so many Pieces contacts here in Blogger world!!!! Truely amazing! I'm a pieces too by the way, my b-day was on the 12th! Too funny. Anyway, hope you had a wonderful day! Smiles, Anke ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aehhh I meant pisces....uupppsss.....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous8:35 PM

    I am so sorry I missed your birthday I hope it was the best on ever and I am so glad that you have decided to stop work as you deserve that and now it is your time to have fun and do the things in life you want to
    have a great one and hope to see you soon
    love alway cousin Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ohh... I've been away for a while and I missed your birthday!Well, I wish you a happy birthday, even if late and congratulations for the spirit you show about the years to come. I, too, can't wait for the time when I get retired - but there's still a lot for me to wait...

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter