Saturday, August 22, 2009

Caution - Illustration Friday


I immediately thought of this when I got the email about the word for Illustration Friday. I had for some unknown reason been thinking about bathing suits and water. Now I have issues with bathing suits, I have had one of all my life, even when I was thin thin. Truthfully I think all women (even the most bodacious ones) look in the mirror and see flaws. I wonder if men have the same issues, probably not, they just slap something on and they are ready to roll. Hope you like this one, it was done on some wood I got at the goodwill.

10 comments:

  1. Very nice. I really like the composition, colors, and line work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just amazing work, a really great interpretation! Excellent.

    regards

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful art!

    You know - our family just vacationed last week, and one of our stops was a waterpark. Okay - it's true that some women really should NOT wear bikinis. But there were all sizes and shapes in one pieces, and everyone was having fun. I say buy a suit and strut what your mamma gave ya!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my goodness don't even get me started on swimsuits. I love the illustration it's wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this!! The wood gives it a great texture too

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great interpretation! I love everything about this one. And boy, can I relate to the swim suit issues!

    ReplyDelete
  7. lol... your comments about men are certainly true! i have issues with swimsuits now too if it makes you feel any better?!!

    great art!

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the vintage feel ... I'd probably PREFER the vintage suit, too, nowadays! I think women find a suit that sorta kinda fits and wear it til it falls off cuz maybe there's NOTHING worse than shopping for a bathing suit (except mammograms) ... but nothing can keep me out of the water, either ...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your work is lovely! I really like the upcycled wood effect.
    P.S.
    The swimsuit issue is open for debate, but it's always nice to see ladies (and gentlemen) who are having a good time and loving life!

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter