Monday, January 18, 2010

When Irish eyes are smiling


Irish Soda Bread
Whole Wheat Flour, White Flour, Baking Soda, Buttermilk
Cheddar Cheese, Green Oinions
Taste Factor:  Good

Last night for dinner I made this Irish Soda Bread it was a hit, the picture does not do it justice. It takes no rising time, and bakes in about 30 minutes. I made roast beef last night in the crock pot. Do you make your roast in the Crockpot, saves time for me. What else do you cook in your Crockpot. I make Spaghetti, I have made apple crisp, onion soup, meatballs, and the list goes on.




Well today I am finishing my calendar art and hope to show you that. The weather is great and going to take advantage of that and take the devil dog to the doggy park for a bit of off leash playing. I am feeling much better like my old self, so some maintenance around the homestead is required. What are you doing today?






4 comments:

  1. I do corned beef/cabbage/potatoes in my crockpot, and this velveeta chili my sister-in-law turned us onto, and lots of slow/low cooking of roast or large hunks of meat ... ONCE in a while I'll do chicken if I want to pull the meat off for something else, like soup or enchiladas ... it seems more tender from the crock.

    Are you better?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I love just about any kind of homemade bread and that looks delicious.

    We use our crockpot for a lot of things....many soups and stews, at Thanksgiving I did my veggie side dishes in crockpots to keep them warm, and I make what I call Chocolate Mess which is a yummy dessert. We both love using crockpots and own three!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous6:24 PM

    ooh Lee the thought of crock pots in our heat... makes me curl up! although in winter I use my slow cooker... dontknow if that s the same type of machine? I make stews mostly in it and they come out lovely!!

    oh soooo hot here, 43C yesterday!!

    I think we are melting!

    Winterwood

    ReplyDelete
  4. Soda breasd looks yummy:-) Thanks for checking in on me, I've been in a funk and it always makes me smile when I hear from you.

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter