Wednesday, February 24, 2010

I know why the Caged Bird Sings


One of my favourite poets is Maya Angelo.  Her poetry make you sit up and think about what she is saying.  I am a serious poetry buff .  I like all kinds of poetry.  I wanted my visual journal to include some of my favourites poets.  So if someone finds my books in 100 years , they will know me a little better. Today is my wifely duty day (not that kind, get your mind out of the gutter).  I mean the laundry, dusting, etc.  Going to get it done this morning and this afternoon going down to the studio and try to make some art.  The temperatures are warming up here and I am sure Spring is right away the corner.  If you have a journal , what kind is it, did you make it, did you buy it, Tommorow I will show you what I am using for my
visual journal.




2 comments:

  1. Oops! Give me just a second while I retrieve my mind from the gutter!! (You made me laugh with that remark.) I should be doing some wifely duties, too but I doubt they'll get done today.

    I'm not a big poetry fan but I like some of it. This is especially good. And I love the way you interpreted it for your piece.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are funny!! I am not really into poems, due to not understanding meanings of them.

    I do have a journal. I write about my moods, schedules, my marriage, feelings etc.

    I also have a bible scriptutre journal where I list all my favorite ones.

    My wife duties are finished hehehe oh but a little laundry.

    Em:)

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter