Wednesday, June 06, 2012

Come get happy....


I made this using hand painted paper
a peice of corrugated cardboard I had laying around
a quick sketch and marker gal
the word "happy"  and the |numbers on the side
 Shelly Massey who is an amazing artist you should check out

Were you one of those people in high school who was always happy, you never saw them in a bad mood, always had a good word for everyone?  I was not , I was quiet, had a good group of friends who were the same as me, you know what and I hate to say this "we stayed clear of those happy people"  Now that i am older and wiser, it's nice to see people who have a great attitude towards everything.  So I guess the lesson I learned was don't judge people....

5 comments:

  1. Hi Lee...You have been making some fantastic art! I see you are doing ICAD again this year. I didn't sign up because I'm really bad about following through. This girl could use some cheering up...ha!I loved the horse you drew a few posts back!
    Mary

    ReplyDelete
  2. this one popped at me when I logged on this morning... and guess what - it made ME happy! guess your card is doing its job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know, I was always this 'outsider' with my friends all over the area, never really a part of those 'peer-groups' and a lot of times I was sad about not being a part, but you know what, even those 'seem-happy' people sometimes just carry a mask. So I rather stay true to myself and find this true happiness that is coming from deep inside when I had an amazing solitude time.

    Smiles, Anke :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was extremely shy in high school. I had a few close friends but I wasn't one of the "popular" kids. Most of the time I walked around with my head down so I didn't really know much about the other kids!!

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter