Saturday, July 19, 2014

Alone on a hill......

do you have a place where you go to be alone, to think, to plan, to just be.
I think every woman needs a place like that.  I have a couple, I go swimming for
two reasons, one to ensure that my body lasts until 100....and the other
because I find it so relaxing, that's when  I have an a couple hours to myself.
When I am swimming so many things go through my head, my art, I plan
things I want to do, I work out problems I am having, I think about anything
you can think of.  I then sit in the hot tub for 15 minutes and soak out
any aches and pains I have.  I think that is why I am so dedicated to
go 5 days a week, that time is just for me.  I don't have to answer the phone, talk
to anyone, do housework, or just be lazy and not feel bad about it.  (lol)
.
 


6 comments:

  1. HI Lee :)))))

    NATURE...my sacred space :)))) Smiles to you, hope all is well at your side of the world. Smiles and Happy SUMMER, Anke :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I go 'inside of art' while I'm looking at, thinking about or doing art I forget all of my aches and pains - oh also 'inside of food' when I go 'inside of chicken' I forget all of my aches and pains!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think I need a place like that for me too, ever since dh retired its been full on face time every day and now I am thinking that a plce like that is a bit need for me too! somwhere where I can think and dream and sort things out in my head!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I can't even tell you how much I love being alone. I will stay up later just to be alone with my thoughts, I've been doing that since I was a child!! I heard Tyler Perry say he too loves being alone and even travels alone because that's when he is most creative. Always love your posts!!

    Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am lucky enough to have that space right here, at home, since handyman still works. When he retires, we have to figure out some things. He needs his time alone too, and I often find him in another room in the weekends. One evening lately I told him I was going to drive up to a large mall, to buy something. Oh yes, please do was the answer, then I can have some quiet moments here.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lee, I'm alone quite a bit at the moment, studying and driving, both of which I love. At the moment it's so busy that driving is my time for thinking. However not really the best idea! Too full in hectic. I was going swimming and steam room three times a week and as you probably remember I used to like to walk by the sea or in the countryside. I'm determined to try to build these back into my life as it is right now. What's that quote about habits becoming the days of your life. The other one is...so much to do/be too little time.
    Arting? What about that I hear you ask? Sadly that seems to have stopped also. All I do is study. Wondering what I've done to my life at the moment!

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter