Friday, January 23, 2015

family love

 
I think the older you get the more you appreciate your family, sisters, mothers, fathers.  Its like a lightbulb turns on and you think hey I have a family.  When your young
you don't need anybody especially parents.  I found the older I got
in my 20\s the more I appreciated all my mother had done for me, and
when I became a mother it just sealed the deal. I found that with my daughter,
lucky she doesn't read this blog, she had no time for me as a teen and young
adult, but now she settled in her house, and has a good guy, she is all
about family, and it makes me feel good.  If you read this blog you
will know I lost my sister when she was 55, two weeks after she turned 55.  As it happens, I spend 2 weeks with her after Christmas that year, and celebrated
her birthday and went home, and she dies two weeks later.  I was so glad that
I had got the time to spend with her. I must tell you it took me at least 5 years to recover from her death, was it the shock, yes for sure, my dad also died when
he was 55.  Was it wondering if I was going to die when I turned 55 yes.
I don't know how to explain it, but the sorrow is so strong it almost engulfed
me.  I had spent my whole life with this girl, and now she was gone.  Anyway
I just wanted to say I did this picture when she died, I cropped out the writing, and the poetry that I had done. 


4 comments:

  1. in some ways i think sisters are the hardest to loose. there's a bond that's hard to explain. my sister was 14 year older then me, but she was always there for me. we were best friends, always. as adults we had such fun together, she was ying i was yang. i lost her several years ago to Alzheimer disease but not physically till a few months ago. Lee, put the writing and poetry back in the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry about the loss of your sister. That was so young. I worry about that with my brother. Our parents where both 66 when they passed five years apart. We were too young as were they, I'm not sure my brother ever recovered. He still has dads soap 30 years later. There is definitely no pain like greif thankfully you have your creativity... I would have loved to see the writing and poetry on this piece... I'm sure it would help others who have also gone through what you have. The image is so beautiful and powerful! Thanks for sharing....this must be a difficult time of year for you!

    Big Hugs Giggles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sorry to hear about your loss, Lee. It's always so uptearing to loose loved ones. You were lucky spending a week with her before it happened, that must be lovely to remember.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry to hear about your loss, Lee. It's always so uptearing to loose loved ones. You were lucky spending a week with her before it happened, that must be lovely to remember.

    ReplyDelete

Site Meter